- There were very few signs of the high octane Preds we’ve been seeing lately. The Oilers dominated the neutral zone, took the first nine shots on goal and won 13 faceoffs to the Preds’ 4 through the first period. Although the Predators managed some solid scoring chances here and there, this was very much the Pekka Rinne show, as the goalie bailed out the team on 37 shots to pick up his 34th career shutout. Ultimately, the Predators won in overtime off a great Filip Forsberg snapshot. The Prince is the first Pred with double-digit goals this season.
- Seth Jones netted a goal in the second that was disallowed on a questionable goaltender interference call against Paul Gaustad.
- The Preds’ powerplay woes continue as they went 0-5 tonight with the man-advantage. Nashville has scored just one single powerplay goal on home ice this season out of 37 chances.
- Edmonton was awarded a penalty shot in overtime after Shea Weber decided to play goalie and froze the puck laying in front of Nashville’s net. Fortunately Pekka was able to stop Jordan Eberle and the Preds took the win minutes later.
- Good to see the Smith/Jarnkrok/Wilson line get the start after a strong showing the last few games.
- Mike Fisher returned to the roster for his first game of the season after tearing his achilles over the summer.
The Predators host the 6-13-2 Blue Jackets Saturday night. Puck drops at 7.