- The Predators are now the only team in the National Hockey League undefeated in regulation and are solidly atop the Central division.
- For the fifth time in seven games, the Predators gave up the first goal, but this time it certainly wasn’t for lack of effort. The Preds were fierce out of the gate, putting together several intense shifts and throwing up more than double the shots of the Blackhawks in the first period. The Preds kept the lead in shots until a furious rally by the ‘Hawks in the last minutes of the game.
- Trade acquisition James Neal scored a hat trick with two beautiful snipes and an easy rebounder. That’s the first Preds hat trick since Eric Nystrom put up four goals against Calgary last season.
- Mike Ribeiro extended his point streak to five straight games with an assist on Neal’s first goal. He has three goals and three assists in the last five games.
- I think it’s safe to say we can stop talking about Pekka Rinne’s hip now. He put up another fantastic performance with some huge acrobatic saves, including holding off a furious volley of shots on an early penalty kill that went the full two minutes without a single clear from the Preds defense.
- The Predators are now the only team in the National Hockey League undefeated in regulation and are solidly atop the Central division. I just felt like repeating that.
Nashville faces another tough test Saturday when the Penguins come to town. Puck drops at 7.